Interaction Associates is a leading global innovator of proven solutions that transform the way people work — to deliver extraordinary business results, or, what we call, Return on InvolvementTM. The firm helps global organizations build high-involvement, collaborative cultures by developing their leaders, teams, and change agents. IA offers customized consulting, learning and development, and coaching services. It was named one of Training Industry's Top 20 Leadership Training Companies 2012 - 2014, and was named to their Content Development Watch List in 2012 - 2014.
Since 1969, we have helped hundreds of global organization build the needed collaborative capability to produce strong business results, improve critical business processes, and create and maintain trusting and productive work relationships.
- Clients include half of the Fortune 500.
- More than 1,200 clients globally.
- Offices in Boston, Massachusetts, and San Francisco, California with consultants and affiliates around the world.
- Industry pioneer in:
- Collaboration as the spark plug for innovation.
- Developing leaders at all levels.
- Building organizational trust.
- Team excellence.
- Managing the people side of change.
- Research in collaborative problem solving/decision making, trust, and teams.
- Top-rated books: How to Make Meetings Work and How to Make Collaboration Work.
- Established 1969 by David Straus.
- Privately held ESOP company, 100% employee-owned and run.
- Founded the Interaction Institute for Social Change (IISC) in 1993. IA supports the IISC with 10 percent of pretax profits and up to 10 days pro bono support annually per employee.
PR News Online covers IA's "Building Trust in Business" Research.
Interaction Associates has partnered with synchronous learning experts InSync Training to present Mastering Online Meetings™.
Aligning the Human Capital Mission with Business Strategy - Interaction Associates presents with Bank of Hawaii at the 2011 HCI Engagement & Retention Conference
Interaction Associates will co-present with Bank of Hawaii at the 2011 HCI Engagement & Retention Conference.
Interaction Associates has named Linda Stewart as the company’s new president and CEO.
Interaction Associates announced it has hired Emily Mora as Director, Client Solutions.
Interaction Associates’ board member and former chairperson, Marybeth Tahar, will be among several panelists exploring the challenges for conscious leaders at the Third Annual Conscious Capitalism Conference May 17-18, 2011 at Bentley University.
How can leaders overcome the barriers to innovation and drive more good ideas to powerful implementation?
Interaction Associates Senior Consultant Jay Gordon Cone challenges leaders to measure success based on whether they’re in a finite or infinite game in a new book, Building Leadership Bridges 2011: Leadership for Transformation.
Interaction Associates is introducing two new in-person learning events designed to train leaders enterprise-wide and for individuals via public workshops.
Interaction Associates and Brazilian Management Institute Partner to Provide Leadership Development in Brazil
Interaction Associates is partnering with the Brazilian Management Institute, Sao Paulo, to provide clients with integrated solutions across a broad spectrum of leadership challenges in Brazil and South America.
Our "Building Trust" workplace research exploring the state of trust, leadership, and collaboration inside companies worldwide, demonstrates a strong correlation between financial health, and the leadership culture and behaviors in organizations.
by Andy Atkins