Interaction Associates is a leading global innovator of proven solutions that transform the way people work — to deliver extraordinary business results, or, what we call, Return on InvolvementTM. The firm helps global organizations build high-involvement, collaborative cultures by developing their leaders, teams, and change agents. IA offers customized consulting, learning and development, and coaching services. It was named one of Training Industry's Top 20 Leadership Training Companies 2012 - 2015, and was named to their Content Development Watch List 2012 - 2014.
Since 1969, we have helped hundreds of global organization build the needed collaborative capability to produce strong business results, improve critical business processes, and create and maintain trusting and productive work relationships.
- Clients include half of the Fortune 500.
- More than 1,200 clients globally.
- Offices in Boston, Massachusetts, and San Francisco, California with consultants and affiliates around the world.
- Industry pioneer in:
- Collaboration as the spark plug for innovation.
- Developing leaders at all levels.
- Building organizational trust.
- Team excellence.
- Managing the people side of change.
- Research in collaborative problem solving/decision making, trust, and teams.
- Top-rated books: How to Make Meetings Work and How to Make Collaboration Work.
- Established 1969 by David Straus.
- Privately held ESOP company, 100% employee-owned and run.
- Founded the Interaction Institute for Social Change (IISC) in 1993. IA supports the IISC with 10 percent of pretax profits and up to 10 days pro bono support annually per employee.
IA's article on brainstorming, by CEO Linda Stewart on Forbes.com.
Interaction Associates has been named one of the top firms for leadership development and training by Training Industry, Inc. in a ranking of the Top 20 Leadership Training Companies for 2012.
CLO Magazine's Frank Kaplan sat down with Senior Consultant Beth O'Neill, and former President Barry Rosen, to discuss strategies for leading virtual teams.
Interaction Associates’ Senior Consultant and former Chairman of the Board, Marybeth Tahar, will present an interactive session called "Strategic Competencies for the HR Leader: from Generalist to Business Partner" at the Colorado Human Resources Association’s Annual Conference in Denver, Colo.
Public Utility District Number One of Chelan County, headquartered in Wenatchee, Wash., is investing in developing its managers. To ensure employees have top-notch collaboration skills, the utility has contracted with Interaction Associates.
Interaction Associates has announced it will exhibit its ground-breaking learning content system, Total Access™, at ASTD TechKnowledge 2012 -- a conference where the best of learning solution providers showcase innovative solutions and services -- in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Interaction Associates is working with ShoreTel, Inc. to develop a new career continuing education program called Leaders Developing Leaders.
Interaction Associates CEO Linda Stewart to Moderate Panel of Business Leaders at HCI L&LD Conference
Interaction Associates CEO Linda Stewart will moderate a panel and share insights from the firm’s "Building Trust in Business" research at the HCI Learning and Leadership Development Conference on November 17, 2011 at Boston’s Hyatt Regency Hotel.
Interaction Associates will present a fresh point of view on effectively moving from understanding complex business systems to having an impact on them, at the 21st Annual Pegasus Systems Thinking in Action® conference in Seattle.
Our "Building Trust" workplace research exploring the state of trust, leadership, and collaboration inside companies worldwide, demonstrates a strong correlation between financial health, and the leadership culture and behaviors in organizations.
by Andy Atkins