Interaction Associates is the 45-year global leader of methods for developing conscious collaboration in the workplace – including ways of working together that allow leaders, teams, and change agents to achieve superior business results. With offices in Boston and San Francisco, Interaction Associates delivers Return on Involvement (TM) to hundreds of organizations and tens of thousands of individuals each year. Interaction Associates has been named one of the Top 20 Leadership Training Companies by Training Industry every year since 2012.
Since 1969, we have helped hundreds of global organization build the needed collaborative capability to produce strong business results, improve critical business processes, and create and maintain trusting and productive work relationships.
- Clients include half of the Fortune 500.
- More than 1,200 clients globally.
- Offices in Boston, Massachusetts, and San Francisco, California with consultants and affiliates around the world.
- Industry pioneer in:
- Collaboration as the spark plug for innovation.
- Developing leaders at all levels.
- Building organizational trust.
- Team excellence.
- Managing the people side of change.
- Research in collaborative problem solving/decision making, trust, and teams.
- Top-rated books: How to Make Meetings Work and How to Make Collaboration Work.
- Established 1969 by David Straus.
- Privately held ESOP company, 100% employee-owned and run.
- Founded the Interaction Institute for Social Change (IISC) in 1993. IA supports the IISC with 10 percent of pretax profits and up to 10 days pro bono support annually per employee.
Interaction Associates announced it has hired Emily Mora as Director, Client Solutions.
Interaction Associates’ board member and former chairperson, Marybeth Tahar, will be among several panelists exploring the challenges for conscious leaders at the Third Annual Conscious Capitalism Conference May 17-18, 2011 at Bentley University.
How can leaders overcome the barriers to innovation and drive more good ideas to powerful implementation?
Interaction Associates Senior Consultant Jay Gordon Cone challenges leaders to measure success based on whether they’re in a finite or infinite game in a new book, Building Leadership Bridges 2011: Leadership for Transformation.
Interaction Associates is introducing two new in-person learning events designed to train leaders enterprise-wide and for individuals via public workshops.
Interaction Associates and Brazilian Management Institute Partner to Provide Leadership Development in Brazil
Interaction Associates is partnering with the Brazilian Management Institute, Sao Paulo, to provide clients with integrated solutions across a broad spectrum of leadership challenges in Brazil and South America.
Interaction Associates has been named to TrainingIndustry.com's 2011 Leadership Companies Watch List of leadership training firms.
IA To Showcase Innovative Learning System Total Access at ASTD Tech Knowledge in San Jose in February
IA announced today it will exhibit its innovative content system, Total Access, at ASTD TechKnowledge 2011, an event featuring the best of learning solution providers demonstrating their solutions and services.
Our "Building Trust" workplace research exploring the state of trust, leadership, and collaboration inside companies worldwide, demonstrates a strong correlation between financial health, and the leadership culture and behaviors in organizations.
by Andy Atkins