Product Development Project Manager & Instructional Designer
Reports to: CEO and Board Director
Location: Bay Area, CA, Boston, MA, or Denver, CO
The principal responsibilities of this position are to (1) plan and manage the production schedules of product and service development projects to ensure their timely launch, (2) conduct learning product research and provide instructional design services, and (3) help market, sell and deliver services.
Product Development Project Management and Other Activities (50%)
- Develop project plans, in collaboration with Project Leaders and cross-functional contributors.
- Manage development schedules and monitor project budget burn-rate.
- Coordinate design and development meetings and reviews.
- Help manage the pilot evaluation process.
- Manage desktop publishing resources.
- Plan launch schedules.
- Orient and coach IA sales people, consultants and trainers on new offerings.
- Provide training implementation consulting to clients.
Instructional Design Activities (40%)
- Develop product descriptions based on client needs and market trends.
- Conduct competitive market research.
- With others, conceptualize and design learning experiences, processes and materials.
- Organize and facilitate beta-testing.
- Develop participant and train-the-trainer materials.
Marketing, Sales and Delivery (10%)
- Write product and service descriptions for marketing purposes.
- Collaborate with sales and collaboration consultants in drafting proposals and presenting to clients.
- Deliver IA workshops and other learning services. Expect 1+ week travel/month.
Must have ability to manage multiple projects; do independent research; analyze and synthesize data; design and map out work processes; design learning experiences and materials; build work plans; present complex information in a clear and facilitative way; influence and enroll; facilitate group problem-solving; build confidence and trust quickly; lead experiential workshops; think strategically about client/market needs; communicate professionally with clients.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Education, or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred
- 5 years of direct experience of project management and/or instructional design required
- Successful track record of managing the development & launch of soft-skills training
- Familiarity with online learning software, such as Adobe Connect, Cisco WebEx, etc.
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Team leadership experience
- Familiarity with motivational and learning theory
- Previous classroom teaching or training delivery experience (in university, training company or corporate setting)
Cover Letter requirements:
In addition to your resume, please submit a 250-300 word cover letter that includes:
- why you enjoy instructional design and project management
- what makes you good at both of these skill-sets, including your distinctive talent
- an example of a project that you are particularly proud of and your role in it
- your sense of the trends in organizational learning and your hunches about its future
- why you think Interaction Associates might be a good place for you to work
- Job Description : Download