Sales Operations Manager
Interaction Associates is a learning and development company that helps leaders and teams work together better and achieve better business results by demonstrating the power and transferring the skills of conscious collaboration. Conscious collaboration is a mindful approach to working together that achieve mutually beneficial outcomes. We concentrate on two kinds ROI: Return on Investment and Return on Involvement.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location/Hours: Dallas, TX. This is a remote position working out of your home office. The individual in this role would be expected to work core business hours, with other work hours being flexible.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Sales Operations Manager’s primary responsibility is to support Interaction Associate’s (IA’s) sales process from lead generation through close of sale by providing sales support in sales and prospecting activities, co-managing a portfolio of accounts, as well as driving and supporting outbound sales and prospecting activity. The role is responsible for managing various projects and tasks related to the sales process, including research, prospecting, lead generation, producing client presentations/proposals and RFPs, communicating with prospects and clients, review of invoices, and coordinating with other internal groups in the effort to reach/exceed sales goals and drive profitable growth.
This role calls for an individual with initiative, an ability to prioritize and execute in a fast-paced environment, and the willingness to manage multiple, complex tasks. The individual will be a member of a virtual sales team which requires a commitment to the practice of conscious collaboration and teamwork.
Successful Sales Operations Managers have an upbeat, can-do attitude, are sales tech savvy, have excellent written and verbal communication, and have distinctive organizational and client service skills.
- Assist Director(s), Client Solutions in pursuing and realizing sales opportunities (prospecting to contracting)
- Convert leads from marketing activities and campaigns into sales opportunities through intelligence gathering and direct contact with prospective clients
- Manage a portfolio of transactional accounts with supervision of Director, Client Solutions
- Partner with Marketing Team to create and manage outbound campaigns to generate leads and source new opportunities
- Manage relationships with external marketing and sales partners
- Maintain accurate sales and account information in Salesforce, Box, and other sales systems
- Provide qualitative and quantitative client and prospect intelligence
Additional Job Functions
- Follow up and qualify inbound inquiries
- Route qualified opportunities to Director, Client Solutions for further development and closure
- Help create and compile proposals: work with other IA colleagues to create, edit and format proposals/RFPs for clients, coordinate Sales and Consultant contributions and input, research and assemble content from internal and external sources, obtain appropriate approvals
- Research clients, prospects and client competition, provide administrative support for promotional & prospecting efforts.
- Assist Directors, Client Solutions in prospecting strategies and implementing sales campaigns including compiling lists and reports from external and internal sources, research relevant news and client information to support sales and prospecting efforts
- Assist Directors, Client Solutions in strategic account planning and development including network mapping and creation and updating of strategic account plans
- Create/compile sales call preparation and follow up documents from internal and external sources
- Produce sales materials and documents, including PowerPoint presentations, account reviews, meeting minutes, etc.
- Assist Sales Consultants in building pricing and accurate forecasting
- Create accurate contracts, manage contract-tracking process and obtain client signatures
- Assist in handoff from sales to project implementation and delivery operations team
- Act as liaison between Sales and internal operations
- Provide logistical support for client meetings and business development meetings
- Provide general sales administration: correspondence; meeting logistics, attending sales calls
- Two to three years’ experience in sales operations management or related sufficient to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of the job listed above
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Salesforce knowledge/experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of LinkedIn functionality
- Demonstrated experience researching, prospecting and developing leads
- Successful record of communicating with high-level clientele over the phone and in person
- Undergraduate degree (required)
- Professional demeanor
- Client service orientation
- Handles multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Strong follow through
- Adapts well to shifting priorities
- Works independently, exercising judgment and initiative
- Detail oriented
- Works well under pressure
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Gives and receives feedback in a way that improves performance and builds relationships
- Enjoys challenging situations and complex projects
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Displays a strong service orientation and a desire to help others do their best work
- Takes a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Interest in facilitation and collaboration
- Demonstrates IA’s Core Values
- Desire and comfort working in a remote or virtual environment
- Job Description : Download