Leader As Coach
Effective interactions between managers and direct reports is a critical linchpin to shifting from a performance management to a performance development culture.
Benefits that will come from activating this skillset and behavior shift in managers include:
- The creation of a supportive, healthy culture that attracts and retains talent.
- A culture that will promote the improvement of productivity and innovation.
- Reflective and self-aware leaders that seek help from others in situations where their natural tendencies won’t serve them well.
- A coaching style of leadership that strengthens and supports coherence, communication, collaboration and change.
- Leaders who unleash talent, plan for succession and help to create a strong and ready-now pipeline of next generation leaders.
Specifically, by the end of the session, attendees will be better able to:
- Use a variety of listening and speaking skills to improve the outcomes of daily conversations with direct reports and other colleagues.
- Coach someone through a problem-solving conversation in a way that increases the person’s ability to take initiative and resolve the issue.
- Provide constructive performance feedback in a way that influences a colleague’s thinking and behavior.
- Guide a career development conversation in a way that enhances an employee’s motivation to learn, grow, and contribute.
Who Should Attend
Managers who are responsible for developmental coaching conversations.
- Format : On-site
- PDF : Download
What We Do
We help leaders and teams achieve better results by demonstrating and transferring the skills of conscious collaboration.More Information
Do you remember a leader who made a difference in your life? Chances are, he or she was a great coach, too. Demetra Anagnostopoulos examines the differences between coaching people and managing them.
by Demetra Anagnostopoulos
Many companies are rethinking performance management and, in many cases, are abandoning their traditional performance management process altogether.
We'd Love to Hear From You
Talk to one of our experts to see what we can do for your company.Let's Talk