Essential Facilitation Follow-Up: Taking Your Skills to the Next Level
This one-day follow-up to Interaction Associates’ flagship program Essential Facilitation (EF) will provide an EF graduate with the opportunity to take their facilitation skills to the next level by reviewing core concepts and applying them to current problems, adding new frameworks to the tool kit and learning to adapt the principles to specific kinds of meetings (strategic planning, ongoing project and team meetings, kick-off meetings, cross-organizational meetings). A special practice session on online facilitation will look at how the skills apply in an online meeting.
In this one-day program, you will:
- Refresh your understanding of foundational concepts from the three-day Essential Facilitation
- Distinguish between regular and special meetings and learn best practices for planning and facilitating each (and how to apply those practices to strategic planning sessions)
- Explore best practices for managing and obtaining consensus in a variety of contexts, including the use of fallbacks
- Review principles for serving as an invested facilitator and not getting caught by the content
- Apply a template to prepare for/facilitate a project team kick off, to include enrolling project sponsors and project team members
- Learn best practices for planning for and facilitating cross-organizational sessions
- Get their hands dirty with online facilitation and managing the challenge of engaging participants in virtual space, receive a template for managing the online meeting
- Present your own current facilitation challenge in an interactive clinic-style format with other participants and walk away with a plan of attack
- Practice applying the techniques of setting up and intervening on real meetings other participants are working with
- Interact with other senior facilitators from your area and build your own support network
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Graduates of EF who lead or facilitate meetings.
PUBLIC WORKSHOP PRICE
$350 per person / 1 day.
- Jun 27th, 2019 - 8:30 am - 5 pm